So you've heard about our awesome feature Workflows, but you're not quite sure how to use it? Keep reading to find out how!
1. As a FAA, Navigate your way to the Workflows tab of your GoCo Account & navigate to your Workflows Module.
You can do so by either finding the Workflows card on your company home page
Or by clicking on the Navigation tab on the left side of your screen.
2. Switch over to the "Templates" tab of your Workflow Module to access all editing options for your workflows.
3. In the "Templates" tab, start creating your new workflow either by hitting the blue "Add Workflow Template" button
Or by scrolling down to the desired Workflow Section & adding a Workflow to the section directly
4. Input your Workflow Name, a description and picture if you like, and click "Create New Workflow" to continue:
5. You will be taken to the "Workflow" tab of your Workflow Template where you will do the bulk of creating your workflow.
Input Start Tasks: Determine what information will be necessary from the workflow starter when starting this workflow, such as selecting which team members to send this workflow to.
🚨Please note that a "Start Task" is necessary to ensure your workflow activates correctly, do not remove the "Start Task".
6. Start adding your Tasks & Customizing!
Insert Custom Fields & Workflow Fields into a Task Template!
Here you can insert a Form Field into a task template. When the Workflow is started, the Task Assignees are asked to fill in the Form Field data. You can add both Custom Fields & Workflow Fields. Custom Fields are tied to the employee's profile & Workflow fields live in this specific workflow.
Anytime a company needs to have a Task Assignee go to an external website, using a link is a great option.
Some link ideas are:
- Visiting a training website
- Linking to a website where an account needs to be provisioned/created
- Linking to a video / image or other type of content pertinent to the task.
Add images to your Workflow Tasks!
Add other Workflows that you currently have to this "Task" to start!
For example, if you have a "30 Day Check In" that will be followed up with a "60 Day Check In", you can add the "60 Day Check In" Workflow Start to the final task of the previous workflow so that the Task Assignee can easily start the next workflow in the series. For a detailed step by step for this feature, click here.
7. Add Assignees to your tasks:
In each task can select Dynamic Assignees or External Assignees. A Dynamic Assignee is automatically populated when the Workflow is started.
- Team Member: person who the Workflow is for (ie: the New-Hire for an Onboarding Checklist)
- Manager: Manager of the Team Member.
- Workflow Starter: person who starts the Workflow.
- Location: all team members within a specific company Work Location (ie: Houston Office)
- Department: all team members within a specific Department (ie: Sales Department)
8. Add a Due Date to each Task or Set Up a Workflow Schedule
▲ Note: Due Dates set on the Task Template are dynamic and based on other dates in GoCo. This is because setting a fixed date does not make sense for a template, because the Due Date needs to be driven based on the timing of the Workflow itself.
Once a Workflow Starts, the Due Date is auto-populated based on the rule set here.
9. Review the Permissions summary for the Task Template
▲ Note: Right now, these permissions are fixed on the Task Template. These permissions can be changed on the Task Instance after the Workflow has started.
10. Review your Task Settings
In your task settings, you can edit whom you can change the task assignees (Full Access Admins only or your Task Assignees)
& you can edit who can add comments on this specific task (All Task Viewers or No One).
11. Add Groups to Organize the Tasks
▲ NOTE: Groups have a single setting to control whether the tasks inside of it can be completed “In Any Order” or can only be completed “One by One”.
▲ Tip: You can use “One by One” to simulate an approval flow with steps.
1. Manager Enters Promotions
2. CEO Approval Task
3. HR Admin Approval Task
12. Navigate to the Fields Tab:
The Fields tab summarizes ALL the form fields being used within a Workflow. This allows Admins to audit and view all the data for a Workflow in a single place, without having to click through tasks.
The page tells you how many tasks each field is being used in. You can edit all fields in this tab.
13. Navigate to the Settings Tab
Here you will see three sections, "Basic Info", "Schedule" & "Permissions"
▲ Permissions are read-only right now. Only Full Access HR Admins can start a workflow. Once the new Permissions feature is released, this can be customized from the Company Permissions page.
In Basic Permissions, you can change the Workflow Name, Description and Icon, if needed.
14. Set a Schedule for this Workflow!
You can set your workflow to automatically run on your desired schedule. You can even set multiple schedules for different work groups. For more information on this feature, click here.
15. Review & Publish: Once your workflow template is complete, click Review and Publish.
Now your workflow is published and ready for use!
If you have any questions, please reach out to email@example.com!