Need to customize a report in GoCo? Check out how to set one up!
Login to GoCo and click on Reports on the left-hand navigation.
Our Reports Module is broken down into 2 separate sections, Standard Reports & Custom Reports.
In your Standard Reports, you will find reports that GoCo automatically generates for you. For example, you will find all reports related to your Time Off & Time Tracking here. For more information on our Standard Reports, visit our Help Center.
Custom Reports are where reports that you have created will live. You can pull reports on information from GoCo, Custom Fields, & Workflow Fields.
To pull a Custom Report, begin either by hitting the blue "+Add Custom Report" button at the top right-hand of your screen
or by hitting the blue text "+Add Custom Report" next to the Custom Reports Label.
You will then be asked to select what type of report you would like to create.
Team Members reports will be used for when you want to pull information from GoCo (Employee Birthdays, Pronouns, etc.) or Custom Fields.
Workflow Reports are used when you want to pull information from a Workflow that you have created. For more information on Workflow Reports, click here!
Performance Review are used when you want to pull information from a performance review you have created. For more information on performance, reviews click here!
To pull a Team Member report, select "Team Members" & hit the blue "Continue" button.
You will be taken to the Settings Tab to customize your report.
Customizing Your Report
- First, you will input some Basic Info about your Custom Report like your Report Name, Description, & your Report Icon.
- Next, you will be asked what data you want to include in this report.
- You can select Active Team Members, Pending Team Members, Terminated Team Members, etc.
- You will also be asked to select what effective date you want to use.
- You can run it "as of" or you can switch it to show "changes made"
- You can select a custom date or any of the premade options offered in the drop-down.
- Hit Save & Continue
- You will then select what fields you want to be included in this report.
- Notice you can add groups of fields at a time! For example, if you search for "Employment and Compensation" you will see the option to Select All. Clicking that will add all fields under that heading in one quick click!
- If you are looking to retrieve in-depth information related to dependents, the GoCo Reports view may have a difficult time displaying this information in line. The workaround here is to simply download the dataset and this information will be readily available.
- Lastly, review the permissions of this report
- Need to make edits? You can do so on the company permissions page of your GoCo Account.
5. Hit "Continue" and your report will be generated!
- ⭐ Hint: you can also download your report as a CSV with the "Download" button on the top right corner.
Have an existing report you need to edit?
- Click the three dots next to the report name to Edit Report.
To learn how to filter and create beautiful visual charts with your reports click here!
Happy Reporting! Check out our video tutorial on Reporting here!
Have more questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.