Need to pull information from a Workflow that you have created? Check out this step-by-step guide on creating a Workflow Report in GoCo!
1. You will first need to start your report using either one of the two options below.
Note: There are two methods to start a Workflow Report!
Login to GoCo & navigate to your Workflows App. You can get there from your Company homepage by finding the card that reads Workflows or from the Navigation Tabs on the right side of your screen.
In your Workflows App, click on the tab that reads "Reports".
You will now see an option to "+ Add Workflow Report" to the right of your tabs.
Now that you've started creating your report, you're ready to customize & set your filters. Click here to skip to the next step!
Login to GoCo & navigate to your Reports App. You can get there from the Navigation Tabs on the right side of your screen.
You will be redirected to your Reports App. Here, click the blue "+Add Report" button on the top right of your screen.
GoCo will then ask you what method you would like to use to create this report. You can create from scratch, choose to copy a report from another company you have access to/or a previous report you've created, or choose from our library of reports.
In this scenario, will create from scratch. If you choose another method, simply follow the prompts to continue (Ex. Choose from Library will guide you into our Marketplace to download a template).
When you choose "Create from Scratch", a drop-down will appear asking what type of workflow you would like to create. Select "Workflows" to begin creating your Workflow Report.
You're now able to continue and set your filters for this report. Keep reading to learn how!
2. You will be taken to the Settings Tab to input Basic Info about your Workflow Report like your Report Name, Description, and Report Icon. Hit the blue "Save and Continue" button when done.
3. Select your Report Filters, that is what data you want to include in this report.
- You can select which Workflow Template you want to pull from if you have multiple. Workflow Status (incomplete, complete, or any), Workflow Started Date, and Team members (active, pending, etc.).
- Additionally, you will be asked to select how you want this information to be sorted. If you would like to utilize the "Effective Date" filter (For team profile fields with effective dates, like Job Title, Employment Type, Wage Rate, etc.) simply hit the "Show Advanced" drop-down to open this option. Once you are satisfied with your filters, click the blue "Save & Continue" button at the bottom of the section.
4. Now you will be asked to select what fields you want to be included in your Workflow Report. GoCo will auto-generate a few, but use the "+Add a field" button to add any others you wish.
Notice you can add groups of fields at a time! For example, if you search for "Personal Info" you will see the option to Select All. Clicking that will add all fields under that heading in one quick click!
As usual, hit the blue "Save & Continue" button at the bottom of the section to move on to the next step.
5. Lastly, you will be asked to review the Permissions of your new Report. Here you will see all users to whom you have given access to Reports listed. To make any changes here, visit your Company Permissions App.
6. Hit "Continue" and your report will be generated!
- ⭐ Hint: you can also download your report as a CSV with the "Download" button on the top right corner.
Now that your report has been generated, you can drag & drop your columns to reorganize them, filter & customize your columns, & even create charts!
For example, maybe you want to see your incomplete vs. complete hiring workflows in a column chart view. Hit the "Customize Charts" button at the top of your report to display your chart options.
From the pop-out that appears below, click the option that is labeled "Column Chart" & set your X-axis filter to "Workflow Status". Your Y-axis filter should auto-update to be by count.
Once your settings have been input the chart will appear on the right! Isn't it beautiful!? 🤩
Have an existing report you need to edit?
- Click the three dots next to the report name to edit the name/field/etc.
Happy Reporting! 🤠 Check out our video tutorial on this feature below!
Have more questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org. 💚