Did you purchase Time? Great! Here's your step-by-step guide to setting up this feature.
Once you're ready to set up a new Time Tracking policy, follow these steps ⏰:
1. From the company page, click "Setup" on the Time Tracking card:
2. GoCo will direct you to a new screen to begin setting up your first policy. Here hit the "Add Time Tracking Policy" button.
3. Select the employees that you would like to add to this policy. You can select all of your employees or utilize the nifty filter button to filter by things like department, location, manager, etc.!
🚨 You can have as many Time Tracking policies as your organization requires. Simply create your first one, then visit your Time Tracking module to add your others.
4. Next, you will select who your timesheet approvers will be for this policy. You can set a default approver for all team members, like your HR Admin.
Or assign specific approvers for each team member. Once you've made your selection, hit the blue "Complete" button.
5. Once you have policy members and timesheet approvers squared away, the next step is to define overtime rules. GoCo allows you to toggle between three options:
- Don't Track Overtime: If you don't want GoCo to calculate overtime
- Use State Overtime Rules: If you want GoCo to calculate overtime rules based on your employee's assigned work location
- Use Custom Overtime Rules: If you want to configure all the rules yourself
Once you determine your overtime rules, you must determine the first day of the work week. This is a crucial setting for getting weekly overtime to calculate correctly.
6. The next setting is Holiday Hours. When this setting is turned on, GoCo will automatically add holiday hours based on the holidays set up in the team members' Time Off policy. The number of hours will be based on the Hours Per Work Week setting in the Time Off policy.
🚨 Holiday hours will never be used in OT calculations.
7. The next major configuration is how you want your employees to clock in/out of the system.
- Computers & Mobile Devices: this setting directly impacts the employee. You can allow them to (a) only use the clock in/out button, (b) enter future/current/past date hours in their timesheet, or (c) use both clock in/out and timesheet
- Kiosk: If you want to use the Time Tracking Kiosk, you need to select at least the clock in / out option. This will allow you to set up a specific computer, tablet, or mobile device (Kiosk) on which team members can clock in and out. Please see our article about how to set up the Kiosk after you have selected this option.
- Timesheet Entry Method: when editing/entering hours in your timesheet, do you want the admins/employees/approvers to (a) enter in the total amount of hours per day, or (b) the start/end times of their work day.
🚨 When the employee can only clock in or out, this setting will only apply to the HR admin/timesheet approver.
- Time Rounding Rule: this setting will round tracked times when exported.
⭐ Check out this help article on how time rounding rules work!
8. Now select your Geo-Fencing preferences. Check out this help article for more info!
9. The last configurable setting is whether or not you want notes to be required when employees/admins/approvers enter or adjust entries.
10. The next two sections will be read-only. You will review your Work Group settings & your payroll schedules. In order to have a time-tracking policy, you must have a configured payroll schedule. You'll have the opportunity to review the different schedules you have in GoCo here, and if you need to add/remove/edit one, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
11. Review your settings closely, and when you confirm everything looks good click finish!
You've now successfully created a Time Tracking policy! Your employees can now begin tracking their hours in GoCo!
To add additional policies, continue on to your Time Tracking module & navigate to your settings tab. Here you should find a button that reads "+Add Policy", click it & repeat the above steps to create your new policy.
If you have any other questions, please reach out to your Client Success Team or email us at email@example.com! 💚