Yes, you can! Keep reading to find out how to set this up as the Full Access Admin (FAA) and for the External User's POV once assigned a task.
When creating a workflow for your company you might have a need to add in an external user, someone outside of your organization, to complete a task. Some examples of this could be, a customer of yours being required to fill out some information to conduct business with you; or perhaps you have employees that work at different sites for different clients and you are required to cross check that employee's timesheet with the customer's log. In both of these cases, these clients/customers are not employees of your company, so they would not have a GoCo account. You can set these tasks to be completed by the customer as an external user. They would then receive an email inviting them to GoCo to create a limited account and complete their assigned tasks.
How does the FAA set up an external user?
1. The Full Access Administrator will create the workflow in their GoCo Account. For a more detailed step by step how to on creating workflows, click here.
2. Select the task you want to be completed by the External User & Navigate to the Assignees tab of the task here:
3. Scroll down to reveal option to add an external user:
4. Input external user's information & click blue add user button to confirm (this user's information will now be saved and available to use on other additional workflows):
5. You will now see that the external user's information has been saved and they are now listed as the Task Assignee.
6. Save & Publish your workflow!
What does the External User see?
Once your workflow is published, it can now be started and tasks completed by assignees. For instructions on how to start a workflow, please see here.
Now that the workflow has been started, the External User will receive an email inviting them to create a GoCo account:
They will follow the link provided and create a GoCo Account:
The External User will then be directed to their inbox in their new GoCo Account where they will be notified that they have pending tasks to complete:
The External User can now click on their pending tasks, complete the required fields, and mark this as "Complete" in the bottom right hand corner of the task.
Once their tasks have been completed they should see an empty inbox:
The workflow will then continue on as set up. For more information or additional questions, please reach out to email@example.com!