GoCo allows you to create custom fields so you can add additional information that you would like to gather and have saved in GoCo. These fields can be filled in by the admins, employees, or both!
Some examples of custom fields are computer tracking, license numbers, t-shirt sizes or food allergies.
To get started, follow the steps below.
- From the right side menu, click the Manage button in the Custom Fields card
2. Under Custom Fields, you can manage an existing custom field or add a new one by clicking +Add Custom Field in the upper right corner. You can also +Add Field Group if you want to sort or categorize your custom fields!
3. Add a custom field. See below for a description of all the options.
- Field Name: how the custom field will appear on the Custom Fields listing
- Description: What the person filling out the field will see. You can format this as a question or a statement.
- Field Group: Add this task to an existing Field Group to categorize and organize tasks.
- Field Types:
- Currency - create a field that can be set to many common international denominations
- Date - create a field that will show a popup calendar and display formatted date info
- Dropdown - build a list of answers from which one can be chosen
- Long Text - space for multiple sentences
- Multiple Choice - build a list of answers from which one or more can be chosen
- Number - field that only allows numeric digits
- Short Text - space for a single sentence
- File Upload - allows the receiver to upload a requested file
- Hiring, Onboarding, Payroll Sync: You will be required to fill select an option for each of these fields
- You can decide what kind of access your team members will have by selecting one of the options on the drop down
4. Once you have completed filling out the information, click save and you're done! Enjoy your new custom field!
To learn how to pull a report on your custom field data, click here.
For additional questions, contact email@example.com.