Do you want to remind your team about incomplete document tasks? GoCo reminders allow you to send nudges to team members!
Learn how to send reminders quickly and easily from Documents or remind employees about all their tasks across many Documents.
These reminder messages differ from GoCo’s automatic notifications in the following ways:
- Admin Control
- Admins control when they are sent
- Admins can see the sent message in their Messages dashboard (with the Messages feature)
- Supports preferred contact method
- Supports text messages (if the employee has chosen it as their preferred contact method)
- Does not hit GoCo Inbox
We think you’ll love the simplicity and flexibility of GoCo’s reminder feature, and best of all, sending basic reminders is included with Premium HR!
Use the links below to jump ahead in this article.
- Sending a document reminder to a specific team member
- Sending a document reminder from the Documents App
- Sending reminders to multiple team members for a single document
- Sending reminders to multiple team members for multiple documents
- Sending & Customizing your reminder message
Sending a reminder to a specific team member for a Document
From the team member's profile:
- From the Teams app, navigate to the desired employee's profile
- Click on the ellipsis for the document you’d like to send a reminder for.
- Click Send Reminder
Sending a reminder from the Documents app
- Navigate to the Documents App and click on the desired document.
- Find the team member you’d like to remind. Click Send Reminder.
Sending reminders to multiple team members for a single document
- Navigate to the Documents app and find the template you’d like to send a reminder for.
- Click on the ellipsis on the document card. Click Send Reminder.
- You can also click into the desired document and click on the ellipsis at the top right of the page to find Send Reminder.
- Both of these options will send reminders to ALL team members that have not completed this document.
Sending reminders to multiple team members for multiple documents
- Navigate to the Documents app
- Click on the ellipsis at the top right of the page.
- Click Send Reminder. This will send a reminder to ALL team members for ALL incomplete documents.
Sending & Customizing your Reminder Message
In all of the scenarios listed above, the following will happen depending on your GoCo plan:
If you do not have GoCo Messages installed
If you do not have the GoCo Messages app installed, an auto-generated message will appear.
⭐ To find out more about upgrading, hit "learn more" on the banner below your message.
If you do have GoCo Messages installed
If you do have GoCo Messages activated, then you will be able to customize your message before sending it.
You will be able to edit your "Basic Info" & update your message send type (email, SMS, preferred contact method).
You will be able to update your "reply to" address (please note this feature is not available for SMS) & update your message subject.
⭐ Hint: use the "variable" button to add personalization tokens, like the message recipents name.
Lastly, you can update the context of your message. Use the formatting options on the top to add emojis, images, and so much more. Add any attachments needed & then hit the "Send Message" button!
After your message is sent, you can view it in your Messages app underneath the "Document Reminders" filter.
Are you interested in setting up automated reminders? Learn more here!
If you have additional questions please reach out to your CS Team or email email@example.com 💚