Need a way to know when comments are left on workflow tasks? Keep reading to learn more!
What are workflows?
GoCo makes HR work ✨flow✨. In your GoCo account, you are able to orchestrate and automate any HR workflow, process, or checklist with standardized workflow templates. You can invite anyone in your company to collaborate in your workflows and can assign tasks and streamline communication. Finally, your single dashboard view will help you track and manage all of your HR workflows. For more information on Workflows, check out our Workflows help articles here.
Why set up a trigger to get notified?
The main use is to get notified when there has been a comment left on a workflow task so that nothing is missed.
So how do I set up this integration?
- Log into GoCo as usual as a Full Access Admin & navigate to your GoCo Marketplace. You can do so from the Navigation tabs on the left side of the screen or by finding the Marketplace card on your Company homepage & clicking the "View" button.
- In your Marketplace, you'll find all of our available GoCo's Apps & Integrations. In the Preferred section scroll down to find the GoCo card and click on the blue "+Add" button to get started.
- This will take you to view pre-made Recipe Templates as well as give you the option to Build Your Own. For more information on how to "Build Your Own" recipes, check out our help article here!
- Locate the premade template that reads When a comment is left on a workflow task in GoCo, send a message in slack. Select the "Use this recipe" button.
- This will open a new screen to edit this recipe, click the Use This Recipe button again at the top right. GoCo will begin to create your account (pssst.. this may take a moment)
- A pop-up window will appear asking you where you want to save your copy of the recipe. Select a project in the dropdown menu or click the "+ New project" button to create a new project folder.
- Give your project a name and optional description. Then click Copy and save.
- Once you’ve made a copy of the recipe, a confirmation screen will appear letting you know that your recipe is ready! If you are already connected to Slack, hit the "Test recipe" button. If not, when you hit this you will be taken back to the previous screen to do this.
- On this screen, you will see an error message letting you know that you have to connect to Slack. Hit the highlighted error to begin.
- A screen will slide out on the right asking to connect to slack, hit the blue "Connect" button.
- You are now connected to Slack! All that is left to do, is determine the triggers that will kick off this recipe. To do this, first, click on the GoCo trigger to modify which workflow or tasks you want to be notified about.
- A slide-out window will appear on the right, here click the toggle for "Set trigger condition".
- If you wish to be notified of ALL comments for ALL workflows then you are good to skip ahead to turning your recipe on!
- If you need to set parameters for your recipe, update your "Trigger Data" . For example, if you wish to pull only comments added on the task labeled "Expense Approvals" from your workflow titled, "Expense Request" you would update like so:
- To do this, you will first set an "If" filter to pull the task name. Use the search bar on the right to find the correct field for "Workflow Task Name" & then update the "Condition" to "contains" & input the title of the task you are trying to pull into the value field.
🚨 Please Note: When setting a "Condition" values, it is case sensitive. For example, using "expense approval" will NOT work if the title of your workflow task is "Expense Approval". The same applies to all condition values (starts with, ends with, equals, etc.)
- To set the filter for your workflow to be pulled, you will need to add a "And" filter. Use the search bar on the right to find the correct field for "Workflow Name" & then update the "Condition" to "contains" & input the title of the workflow you are trying to pull into the value field.
🚨 Please Note: The recipe is using the workflow instance name, so if you are using this recipe for Hiring Workflows, remember that the name that GoCo produces for each instance is "Employee: Employee Name" so ensure that you are using the "contains" filter for these cases.
- Next, it’s time to set up the Slack channel you’d like the notifications to be sent to. You can also edit the type of information being triggered, as well as the basic text we provided. Then click Save in the top right corner. Once saved, click Exit in the top right corner.
- Now that you’ve set up your trigger data and slack channel, you can click on the Start recipe button in the top right corner. After the recipe has been initiated, you should be all set!
If you don’t want to use Slack as your destination for notifications, you can always customize the action to have notifications set up through email, text, etc.
- To do this, you will want to click the Edit recipe button in the top right corner (if you are currently using the recipe with Slack, you will first want to Stop recipe in the top right corner).
- Click the three dots next to Slack and click Delete.
- From there, you can create your own recipe with the desired action (for example, Gmail).
For any additional questions, please reach out to us at email@example.com 💚