In order for a dependent to be eligible, the individual needs to be claimed by the employee for tax purposes, reside in the United States, and have a valid Social Security Number (or equivalent).
In the GoCo Dependent screen, you may:
- Add New Dependents
- Edit Existing Dependent Information
- Remove Existing Dependent
By adding a dependent, you are confirming that this is a legal dependent, eligible for benefits under one or more of your available plans.
You may enroll the following eligible dependents:
- A lawful spouse to whom you are still married.
- A Domestic Partner
- This is only valid if the carrier allows for domestic partners as some carriers do not consider domestic partners eligible dependents.
- Natural Child
- Stepchild (Child of my current lawful spouse or Registered Domestic Partner)
- Adopted Child
- Child for whom I have legal guardianship
*Please consult with your HR administrator for more details around dual coverage - if you and your spouse work at the same company.
If you have additional questions, contact email@example.com.