Have an employee who is going to be on an extended leave of absence? Check out this help article on how the employee will request this leave & how you will approve this request.
If you are looking for steps on how to create a leave policy for your employees, check out this article!
Employee Requesting Leave
Once you've set up your leave policy your employees will be able to request directly from GoCo. From either their Homepage -
or from their Employee Profile.
After hitting the "Request Time Off" button, they'll be prompted to fill out their request information including any required fields such as documentation for this request that you have set up.
Approving Leave Request
Once your employee has submitted their Leave Request, their direct manager & any Full Access Admins will receive a notification, however, only a Full Access Admin can approve or deny this request.
Upon reviewing the request, approvers will be prompted to decide how the employee will accrue time and be paid on this leave.
- Time Off Accrual
- Pause any Time Off Accruals while on Leave: Employee will not accrue any more time off during this period
- Continue Accruals while on Leave: Employee will still accrue time (based on your Time Off policies & accrual rules) while they are on leave
- Pay on Leave
- 100% salary for Full Leave: Employees will still get their regular paycheck
- 0% salary for Full Leave: Benefits Information regarding their salary will appear notifying you that if you wish to remove them from benefits you will have to manually do so.
Once they have made their selections, they can then approve or deny this request.
After Leave Request Approval
Once approved, the employee will be notified in their GoCo Inbox.
The employee's Team Card will also be updated to reflect their leave status -
as well as their profile. Here, you will see a new card detailing their leave info.
- Full Access Admins & Managers will see an On Leave Label, OOO emoji, on Leave Profile Banner, & an on Leave Profile Info Card
- Other Employees will only see an OOO emoji
On the team page, you will also be able to filter by status & select "On Leave" employees only.
If you have any questions or need any additional information, please reach out to your GoCo Client Success Team or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 💚