You made a workflow from scratch and you want to duplicate it and make a few changes. Keep reading for a step-by-step process on how to copy workflows within and across entities!
Duplicate Workflows within a Company
- Login to GoCo as a Full Access Administrator and navigate to the Workflows page from the left side navigation or by selecting "View" on the Workflows card.
- Once on the Overview page. Click on the Templates tab at the top of the page.
- Next to the Workflow you want to duplicate, click on the ellipsis button. A drop down will appear. Select "Duplicate"
- A dialog box will appear advising you that this workflow template will be duplicated and set to draft. Select "Duplicate" again.
- Your duplicated workflow should appear beneath the original with the words "copy" and "draft". Click Setup to access the workflow.
- Notice that the workflow is identical to the previous one you duplicated. All text, workflow fields, tasks, etc. seamlessly copied over!
- Click into each task that you want to make changes to and be sure to click Review and Publish once you feel comfortable with your newly created workflow.
Note: To rename the workflow click on the "Settings" tab and make your changes under "Basic Info"
Duplicate Workflows across entities
Admins of multiple entities or Brokers with access to multiple, have the capability to copy their workflows across companies.
- Same steps apply as above however after you select "Duplicate" on the workflow of your choosing. You will be prompted to select which company you'd like to duplicate the template to.
- You can either expand the bar to select or type to search your designated company
- 🚨 Please be aware that Task Assignees and Permissions set to specific people, departments, or locations will not be copied. However dynamic roles like team member/ manager, etc will.
Want to see this live in action?
Check out our video on Duplicating workflows!
For more information, contact email@example.com. 💚