You now have the option to customize many aspects of uploaded documents!
Have a document that you want to store in GoCo, but not share with your employees? Do you need to rename a document or set an expiration date? Here is how!
To get started, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the employee profile you are wanting to upload a document for and expand the Documents module.
- Next, click on + Add Documents [Employee's Name]. From there, click the option to Upload a document into the employees profile.
- After finding your document that you'd like to upload, you'll click the blue Upload button.
- Ta-da 🎉! You now have a module that allows you to customize who can see, edit and view the document you just uploaded.
Here are a few of the options you can adjust:
- Document Name
- Does this document expire? You can now set an expiration date!
- Employee: View or Hidden (employees that have access to view the document will also be able to download it on their computer)
- Manager: Edit or Hidden (the edit option allows managers to adjust the name, permissions and expiration date of the doc).
Once you are done adjusting the settings in this module (naming the document, expiration date, etc.), click Add Document. That document is now saved under that employees profile.
If you ever need to make changes to your document in the future, click on the three dots next to the document name for more options and select View Template. You will be taken back to the same module where you can re-adjust the settings!
Have questions, comments or feedback? We'd love to hear from you at email@example.com 😀