Don't see the field you need for your document? No problem! Add a custom field to be completed by the employee or the document sender.
To add a custom field for a Magic Doc in GoCo, follow these steps:
- Add your magic document.
- In the Prepare tab, click on the Add Text Field, Add Dropdown, Add Checkbox or Add Multiple Choice icon and click + Create custom field.
- In the pop up, fill out the following fields:
- Field Name (Required)
- Description (Optional)
- Field Type (Required)
- Default Value (Optional)
- Completed By (Required)
- Mark the box to choose whether or not the field is required
Note: For Field Type you can choose either a Text Field or a Dropdown if you upload a Word document. If you upload a PDF document you can choose Text Field, Dropdown, Multiple Choice or Checkbox.
Wondering the difference between those fields?
- Text Field - gives space for the person who completes the field to type in the value
- Dropdown - creates a list of answers from which one can be selected
- Multiple Choice - creates list in which one (radio list) or more (checkbox list) can be selected
- Checkbox - allows for the completer to mark the field as checked or unchecked
4. Once you complete the fields to create your custom field, click Save
5. Place your new custom field where needed in document - ta-da!
Tip: Custom fields that are added to the Company profile can be used on your documents as well! Just search for your field under the appropriate field type.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any other questions!