Here's the breakdown on how GoCo counts team members for billing costs.
Active Employees (Per Employee Costs)
GoCo will only count active employees for "per employee" costs. We never bill you for employees who are:
- Terminated (you fully submitted their termination info, and their last day is in the past)
- Contractors (their Employment Type in GoCo says "Contractor")
- Incomplete (you did not finish creating them in GoCo: e.g. did not finish the hiring process)
All other employees are counted as active employees and will be counted towards all "per employee" costs.
Benefit Eligible Employees (Per Benefit Eligible Costs)
Some features, such as EDIs, will be billed based on the number of employees that are eligible for benefits. In addition to being an "Active Employee" (see the previous section), we only count them if:
- You entered their Start Date into GoCo.
- They finished onboarding into GoCo, or their benefit selections were imported into GoCo.
- They are eligible for at least one benefit, and are not inside of a waiting period.
If an employee doesn't meet all of these criteria, we won't include them in any "per benefit eligible employee" costs.
You should only delete employees if they are test accounts. However, if you delete a real employee, you will still be billed for them.
As soon as you click the Finish button on the last page of the hiring wizard, the employee becomes Active and included in the billing. Once you delete the employee they will be removed from the headcount the following day.
Are contractors counted?
No, contractors, and any other non-employee users, are not counted for any "per employee" or "per benefit eligible employee" costs.
Are terminated employees counted?
No. If you have provided all of the employee's termination information, and the employee's termination date is in the past, they will not be included in any "per employee" or "per benefit eligible employee" costs.