Since your contractor is moving to a regular employee, you'll want to terminate their contractor record then add them as a full-time employee. This will allow them access to everything your full-time employees need from benefits to time off.
Here's a couple things you'll want to keep in mind:
- Make sure all of the information is accurate for their contractor work type prior to terminating. This will ensure all records are accurate.
- Termination date will be the day prior to their first day as a full-time employee.
Full-Time Employee Profile
- Once you terminate the contractor record, you'll hire them as a full-time employee. Make sure the Employee Account has the same email that you used for their contractor account. This is what will sync the two accounts. (the email can be changed later, if needed)
- After creating the Employee record you will need to send them their new onboarding link. They will then follow the custom link in that email, (just for the initial sync of the profiles) and enter their existing GoCo log in info.
- Once they log into their new employee profile, GoCo will sync their employee and contractor profiles.