Need help navigating the difference between all the options? Read further for guidance!
Standard Roles: All employees fall into one of these three simple buckets as a starting point. You can always add permissions from there, but standard roles will never change.
- All Team Members: all of your employees will be listed here.
- Managers: this role is automatically applied in GoCo when you assign a direct report for an employee. Anyone in this role will be able to view (👁️) or edit (✏️) the following (for direct AND indirect reports):
- 👁️ Personal Email
- 👁️ Work Email & Phone
- ✏️ Performance Reviews (this includes sending & completing)
- ✏️ Onboarding Tasks
- ✏️ Team Feedback (private notes are still private)
- ✏️ Time Off (requests & balances)
- Full Access Admins: anyone listed under this tier has full-access to all company permissions in GoCo.
Custom Roles: Custom roles is where you define a set of permissions and apply them to multiple people at once. For example, maybe one person at each of your company locations acts as the hiring manager and will need access to a bit more information on employee profiles. All you'd need to do is setup the "Hiring Manager" custom role and you can apply it to multiple people at once.
User Level Permissions: User level permissions are where you can create custom permissions per an individual user. Perhaps you have a manager that will need more permissions than the standard role - but doesn't fall into your custom "Hiring Manager" role above. Here is where you can customize what he/she can edit or view.