Having issues using GoCo? Here are some tips on how to fix it!
GoCo supports the major browsers available online today, so long as they are being actively supported by their companies. This means that Microsoft's Internet Explorer series is no longer supported by GoCo, as it is no longer supported by Microsoft.
Other browsers you may use are:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Apple Safari
- Microsoft Edge
GoCo has a great article for password resets, but in case you have not received an email, here are some further tips!
- If it is your first time using GoCo, make sure you do not have an onboarding email from us. You will not be able to reset a password until you have used the onboarding email to create a GoCo account.
- Check your spam or junk folders.
- If using a company email, make sure that the delivery was not held up in your company's firewall or filter. You'll want to talk to your IT team regarding this option.
Clearing Your Cache
Simple but effective!
The very first time you visit any page on the internet, your browser downloads the site logo and other items into the cache and then displays it as part of the page you’re viewing. For each additional page you visit, as long as the same logo is displayed, it doesn’t need to be downloaded again — it’s already on your hard disk.
That's really all there is to it- it's a way for a website to speed things up for you. It's usually not an issue, and transparent to you...but once in a while, it may break.
Below are instructions on how to clear your cache for all of GoCo's supported browsers (You will find a list of those further down this article).
- Google Chrome
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More .
- Click More tools Clear browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range.
- Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
- Click Clear data.
- Click the menu button and choose Options.
- Select the Privacy & Security panel.
- In the Cookies and Site Data section, click Clear Data
- With Cached Web Content check marked, click the Clear button.
Click on the Safari tab at the top right of your screen and choose Preferences from the dropdown menu.
Click the Advanced tab of the menu that pops up.
At the end of the tab, select the " Show Develop menu in menu bar" box and close the Preferences menu.
Click the Develop tab from the Safari menu at the top of the page.
Click Empty Caches from the dropdown menu.
- Microsoft Edge
Click on the 3-lined Hub button in the top right corner.
Next click on the clock-shaped History button.
Here you will be able to view your browsing history.
If you click on Clear History and then on Show more, you will be able to delete and clear your browsing History, Cookies, Data, Temporary Internet Files, Cache, etc.
Run a Speedtest
If you find GoCo to be running slower than you expect, your internet speed may be the issue. There are several resources online that allow you to run a speedtest to see what your device is running at currently.
- The most common speed test utility is Ookla's Speedtest.Net
- Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) will have their own as well. Contact them for more information.
We hope these tips have helped you resolve your issue, but if not please reach out to us at email@example.com.